Duties & responsibilities of Sales Representative (SR)
Important particulars for Sales Representative
|1||Headquarter||Zonal office of the Business Associate in the state|
|2||Cadre||Entry Level in Sales|
|3||Appointed by||Distributor after approval from the business associate|
|4||Report to||Distributor/BDM/ Business Associate of the company|
|5||Staff Reporting to him||surveyors/ CCE/BE/BDE attached|
|7||Nature of job||For complete business development of his area of LPG for domestic, commercial & industrial use as well as Auto LPG. Appointment of dealers, retailers, mini retailers, customer representative, dealer (ALDS)/Business consultant/freelancer & promote business after conducting Micro Level Survey of all associates with coordination of distributor and business associate.|
|9||Incentive||Incentive scheme of the company|
|10||Incentives to be borne by||Company and associates as per terms & conditions|
|11||Company||Means Business Associates if appointed in the area|
SR will work from Distributor’s office or work from home until a distributor in the state of his posting is appointed. SR jurisdiction will be one district and will report to distributor or business development manager of the company. SR will be appointed by the company or business associate. The training & job expertise will be given by the business associate or company. The salary & incentives will be paid by the distributor.
SR will work in the field & represents a link between the distributor and dealer/retailer/mini retailer. The detailed working will be as under:-
- Upon completion of the training, SR will report to Distributor/BDM of the company of the area. To start with, SR will contact the prospective customer to whom met during training for associate. SR should complete survey of one district allotted to him followed by survey of individual towns & semi urban areas as per Survey, Sales, Reporting & Targets for Sale Persons. Prepare detailed survey reports for each town /semi urban area or village. After preparation of these survey reports, SR will submit to Distributor/BDM who must discuss with the zonal manager and the Business associate and assist them in identifying and demarcating equitably area for each dealer/retailer.
- The Distributor will publish advertisement for appointment of dealers/retailers/mini retailers in the district. The SR should help CCE/BE/BDE to get the pre-appointment & post appointment formalities completed for dealers/retailers/ mini retailers selected resulting in the early commencement of their respective business. SR is fully responsible for appointment & commencement of business as well as completing the target of sales by appointing dealers/retailers/mini retailers in his area and submit report to Distributor/ BDM as per Target & Reporting of Sales Representative.
- SR will conduct the micro level survey of each area of dealer/retailer/mini retailer as per guidelines issued by the company for surveyors. After completion of this job, SR will organize inaugural function of dealers/retailers/mini retailers after approval from the company by submitting reports before and after function as per PR- 7 & 8 respectively.
- Immediately after appointment of dealer/retailer/mini retailer, business target for the first quarter should be settled with them as advised during training. These targets should be prepared in consultation with the BDM and Business associate on the basic of survey conducted of each area. An action plan for achieving the target should be prepared by the SR in consultation with the individual dealer/retailer/mini retailer.
- SR will organize publicity programme by participating in the implementation of such programmes where company’s funds are channelled for business promotion. SR should ensure effective implementation of the programme, study the impact of such programme in the area objective and report to the company.
- SR will organize regular publicity programmes as per guidelines of the company. Incidental/necessary functions to be attended for target achievements. He will discuss with dealers/retailers/mini retailers for special innovation programme for publicity at their places on cost sharing basis.
- SR will collect information about Non-LPG product (illegal cylinders) being dealt with in their areas and submit report marked “confidential” to the Association of Parallel Marketers. Elimination of the spurious given more room for the genuine products and hence a sales promotion measure.
- SR will monitor progress by regular visits to the places of the dealers/retailers/mini retailers. Effectiveness of gross root planning to be checked by SR during such visits. Monthly meetings called at the zonal centre should be attended by SR and submit reports received from dealers/retailers/mini retailers. Weak/deficient performance should be identified and selected for corrective action.
- It is the prime responsibility of the SR that dealers/retailers/mini retailers are motivated and achieve their targets. SR should undertake visits to places of dealers/retailers/mini retailers regularly for business promotion. In addition to regular visits, special visits for reviewing total working of the dealers/retailers/mini retailers should be undertaken normally, once in a quarter, after the business of the dealers/retailers/mini retailer shave reached at good level. Detailed reports should be submitted for these visits to the company through the business associate.
- The monthly tour programme of the SR should be prepared in consultation with the BDM and approval from the distributor to cover a balanced mix of places like dealers/retailers/mini retailers units where good progress is made and where progress is not satisfactory. The visit should focus the reason & prescribe corrective course of action. Dealers/retailers/mini retailers units located at nil competition area (generally rural and semi urban areas, where there are no distributors of public sector oil companies functioning. The focus should be how to bring non-users of LPG-to-LPG use in these places.
- The SR will attend such meetings, may be arranged by the business associate once in a month or at any other suitable intervals. The meetings be convened by the zonal manager and personally attended and presided over by the business associate, who will review the progress & performance of each SR. Minutes of the meetings may be circulated to all with copy to the company.
- Special meeting of SR pertaining to each dealer/retailer/mini retailer area will be called by zonal manager. The distributor may also participate in this meeting if considered necessary. Any dealer/retailer/mini retailer needing specific problem or constraint to be discussed in the meeting may also attend as a special invitee.
- SR will be responsible for maintenance of record by distributor/dealer/retailer/mini retailer and reports to be submitted by them from time to time to the distributor and zonal office of the company.
- SR will maintain the following records.
- Day to day activity dairy.(PL-116)
- Register/records showing information on dealers/retailers under his jurisdiction.
- Dealer/retailer/mini retailer wise sales turnover register.
- The following reports should be submitted by SR;
One time report
- District survey report of the district allotted to him. The work to be taken up and completed immediately after training or even as part of the training period assignment.
- Report for each town, semi urban area, or village.
- Report on inaugural function of dealer/distributor.
- Report covers information on illegal products (non- ) sold at the place.
- Report on grass root planning.
Monthly reports to be submitted.
- Monthly performance report: Copy of extracts for the month from day-to-day dairy (neatly maintained and entered with appropriate and complete details). This deemed an important record to evaluate performance of the SR. It should not be shabbily prepared, but with proper care & attention.
- Monthly dealer/retailer wise progress report enclosing report received from Dealer/retailers with enclosure.
- Monthly report on publicity programmes.
Quarterly reports to be submitted.
- Accountability report. This is an appraisal report giving an assessment of their work done indicating the strong & weak points during the quarter. It gives information about the accepted target and actual results achieved SR wise and dealer/retailer/mini retailer wise. The report will also deal with performance relating to new connection, DBCs product sales & appointment of dealers/retailers/mini retailers including new or old competitors in the area.
- Visit report on working of dealer/retailer’s shop. Report may not be sent in the first three months after commencement of business, when the SR should extend all out support to the dealer for business promotion.
- Visit report on working for the distributor shop.