JOB PROFILE OF STORE CLERK AT GODOWNS
- Site Incharge:
Total responsibility for the establishment e.g., security, compliance with statutory provisions, and premises upkeep.
- Stock Incharge:
Responsibility for the care and custody of the stocks, their receipt, issues and for proper accounting thereof and to comply with all orders from the Head Office relating to Delivery Instructions as per details give below:-
- The Godown is a point of movable asset of the Company. The Store Clerk is responsible for the due performance of duties of other employees posted at the godown.
- The Godown should be opened and closed as per prescribed working hours and all employees should attend duty punctually according to office hours. Immediately after opening, the premises should be properly cleaned. Working hours can be extended to execute the pending works of Receipt & Despatches.
- An attendance register should be maintained for employee working at the godown.
- The Clerk should comply with all the terms and conditions as stated in the licence and strictly display the copy of licence & other mandatory documents like G.S.T. Registration, Rating Certificate etc. should be kept in record file.
- Where the Company insured the stocks in the godown, the stores clerk should keep a copy of the Policy and be conversant with the terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised persons, curiosity visitors should not be allowed to enter in the godown.
- All calls booked from the Company’s telephone attached to the godown, should be recording in our Standard Telephone Inward/ Outward Register PS-6.
- The Godown Keeper should note the due dates for renewal of the Godown-licence (LPG Godowns) as also the Insurance Policy, if any and advise/remind Head Office for action in the matter in advance.
- In LPG godowns only steel furniture should be used and wooden articles, match box & other iginatory items should not be kept. No material other than the stocks entrusted and permitted furniture and fixtures (as above) and Godown Records can be kept inside the godown. Personal articles, old scrap material etc. cannot be placed.
- The Duplicate keys of the Godown should be sealed in an envelope and deposited with Asstt. Manager (operations).
- Loose and hanging electrical wiring should not be allowed within the Godown. In case of electrical wiring if provided, which should be of prescribed I.S.I. Non-flammable Cables should be properly caged, to leave no scope for Short-circuit. Overnight the Main switch should be on ‘’OFF position. However no electric fitting is allowed in the Godown except fire-proof cable & lights.
- Ensure Annual White washing and colour painting or as and when required, either by the landlord, if the contract so provides, or at our cost.
- Company’s standard Name Board should be properly displayed at the top of the wall at the entrance of the Godown. ‘’NO SMOKING’’ boards should also be provided on all sides at visible places.
- In respect of LPG Godowns, the licence obtained form CCOE should be framed and displayed at the wall within the Godown.
- Where a fire-hydrant is provided in the Godown, it should be kept it good working condition and refills should be changed on expiry. All staff working in the Godowns should be conversant with the use of the same.
- The Telephone Nos. of the Nearest Police Station and Fire Service Station and Ambulance Facility should be painted prominently in the walls of the Godown.
WHEN FRESH STOCKS ARE RECEIVED:
Compare stocks received with delivery challan/ invoice & verify the quantity & quality of goods by at random. Checking minimum 10% of the Stock whereas seal caps on the cylinders should be checked up fully & thoroughly when comes from Plant. Enter the goods as per description, size in separate Bin Cards & Stock Register and update the balance of the item. Bin Cards to be prepared, one card for each item, category, variety of size should be kept in a central place for quick reference in a file. Also note the vehicle no. and time of arrival and time of departure of vehicle in the delivery challan. Stack the LPG Cylinders vertically in pairs of two side by side, leaving 2 feet gap between the row and between the first row/last row and the walls. Domestic Cylinders, Commercial Cylinders, Empty Cylinders & Portable Cylinders (sizewise) should be stacked separately. Take care to attend unloading work immediately on arrival of the vehicle and dispose of the vehicle as quickly as possible to avoid losses by detentions. Along with daily report send the delivery challan, invoice if any received with the goods
Despatch of material to associates/consumer
- The process is initiated on receipt of despatch instruction from the Marketing Division, either over the telephone or through SMS/Whatsup/E-mail & personally.
- Instruction received over the phone should be recorded in the Message Received Register (PS-6).
- Despatch orders for the day should be analysed and grouped routewise, i.e. a cluster of associates in one direction should be treated as one group. Efforts should be made to balance each group of despatches in near Full-Load for the transport vehicle to minimise transport cost.
- Transport Service, either owned vehicle provided at the plant, or hired service arranged for the purpose should be utilised to despatch the Material to the Dealer/Distributors.
- Prepare 4 copies of Invoice/Delivery Challans for each Despatch, two should be given to the vehicle driver & balance one may be retained as office Copy for record.
- The vehicle driver should be advised to handover one copy to the respective dealer/distributor, who will retain one copy with them and return the second copy duly acknowledged the goods supplied and mentioning the time & empty cylinders returned. The cap should specially be mentioned in the return copy.
- Enter the quantity of Materials despatched in the Stock Register (PS-5). After verifying the quantity of contents.
- On return the vehicle will bring the Empty Cylinders from the associates. Verify associates wise the No. of Empty cylinders & caps form copy received against the Number of Filled Cylinders supplied to them & trip sheet as per instructions given below separately. Make entry in Stock Register. Store Clerk should ensure the empties & driver vehicle time should be mentioned in the copy of delivery challan receipted. In case of any problem, inform the incharge immediately.
For Maintenance of Register, the following systems may be followed:
- For each item/size, separate folios to be opened in the Register, e.g. 17 kg. filled cylinders, 17kg. Empty cylinder & other sizes, seal cap & other items.
- Receipt of each item should be posted from the purchase invoice/delivery challan.
- All despatches to associates should be posted in the Stock Register, as issued.
- Empty cylinders received from the associates should be shown as Receipt of Cylinders.
Despatch of materials to consumers:
- Stocks will be issued to a person or vehicle as per the despatch instructions received the enclosures i.e. refill challans subscription vouchers shall be given to driver for obtaining Empty cylinder collecting payment and receiving acknowledgment. Analysed delivery schedule receiving acknowledgment. Analysed delivery schedule should be explained to driver in order to complete the deliveries promptly (make enteries in Stock Register as issued vide despatch List. Total) PS-5.
- Returns because of locked premises address not traceables or payments un availability should be taken back (make entry in stock Register as receipts) PS-5.
- Confirm driver whether his remitted cash as per supplies conducted.
- Confirm remaintance of Empty Cylinder to other godowns also.
- For inter godowns transfer Receipts and despatch should be made as per Transfer advise.
Checking of trip sheets of drivers:
Trip sheet to be verified to look into –
- That all columns are filled complete & properly.
- That expenditures is incurred by the Driver as per his entitlement only (daily batta etc)
- That the owned vehicle is put to proper use and trips are made without undue detention at any point, and in the shortest route.
- That the vehicle provides satisfactory Road mileage in terms of diesel consumed.
- That timely deliveries are made to all Dealers/Distributors/Consumers.
- All deviations should be circled with Red Ink and reported to the Manager for taking necessary action.
Stock holding levels:
Asstt. Manager (operations) will advice from time to time the holding levels i.e. (Maximum and minimum levels of stocks that should be kept in the godown to meet our delivery obligation. Note these levels against respective Bin Card in the Column provided therein. It is necessary to ensure that stocks under any item does not fall below the minimum levels. Requirement for items may be sent to Asstt. Manager (operations) in time on Requirement Indent & entry may be made in Requirement Indent Register.
Submission of report:
A Weekly Report showing opening stocks, stocks received during the day, stocks delivered during the day and the closing balance of stock should be submitted to Head Office along with additional particulars of stock Receipt and Deliveries. Also include in this report information about stocks held at low levels, where purchase/replacement order from Plant is to be urgently attended, as mentioned above (PR-16).
Forms to be used –
Specimen to be maintained –
- PS-5 STOCK REGISTER.
- PS-6 TELEPHONE OUTWARD & INWARD REGISTER.
- PS-11 DEALER/DISTRIBUTOR TURNOVER REGISTER.
- PS-74 ATTENDANCE REGISTER.
- PS- 20 REQUIREMENT INDENT REGISTER.
Reports to be submitted –
- PR-16 WEEKLY REPORT