Duties & responsibilities of Correspondence officer
- Maintenance of files
The Correspondence officer will maintain the record of files as per guidelines given in the literature PL-113 Indexing & Maintenance of files & put up report accordingly.
- Process of complaint
Firstly, file complaint with the concerned authorities by hand if it is feasible to visit the office or by speed post, if living in a distant place or concerned person refuses to acknowledge the complaint, to keep proper record in file and online on his google drive.
In case of speed post, after three days track on postal record and keep print copy in file after docket and similarly place in drive.
In normal case, after 10 days and in urgent matter after 4 days enquire on phone or visit the office if nearby, where you file the complaint or send reminder to whom you sent complaint.
After one week of reminder, send letter to higher authority with CC to complainant authority.
After 15 days of letter to head of the department & thereafter to the concerned ministry after one month.
Then after one month put up *RTI & after completing the process of RTI, send to advocate for further necessary action.
*Refer RTI to know the complete process.
- Process to file-RTI
Complainant needs to register themselves on Rtionline.gov.in
- This Web Portal can be used by Indian citizens to file RTI application online and also to make payment for RTI application online. First appeal can also be filed online.
- An applicant who desires to obtain any information under the RTI Act can make a request through this Web Portal to the Ministries/Departments of Government of India.
- On clicking at “Submit Request”, the applicant has to fill the required details on the page that will appear. The fields marked *are mandatory while the others are optional.
- The text of the application may be written at the prescribed column.
- At present, the text of an application that can be uploaded at the prescribed column is confined to 3000 characters only.
- In case an application contains more than 3000 characters, it can be uploaded as an attachment, by using column “Supporting document”.
- After filling the first page, the applicant has to click on “Make Payment” to make payment of the prescribed fee.
- The applicant can pay the prescribed fee through the following modes:
(a)Internet banking through SBI;
(b)Using credit/debit card of Master/Visa;
(c) Using Ru Pay Card.
- Fee for making an application is as prescribed in the RTI Rules, 2012.
- After making payment, an application can be submitted.
- No RTI fee is required to be paid by any citizen who is below poverty line as per RTI Rules, 2012. However, the applicant must attach a copy of the certificate issued by the appropriate government in this regard, along with the application.
- On submission of an application, a unique registration number would be issued, which may be referred by the applicant for any references in future.
- The application filed through this Web Portal would reach electronically to the “Nodal Officer” of concerned Ministry/Department, who would transmit the RTI application electronically to the concerned CPIO.
- In case additional fee is required representing the cost for providing information, the CPIO would intimate the applicant through this portal. This intimation can be seen by the applicant through Status Report or through his/her e-mail alert.
- For making an appeal to the first Appellate Authority, the applicant has to click at “Submit First Appeal” and fill up the page that will appear.
- The registration number of original applications has to be used for reference.
- As per RTI Act, no fee has to be paid for first appeal.
- The applicant/the appellant should submit his/her mobile number to receive SMS alert.
- Status of the RTI application/first appeal filed online can be seen by the applicant/appellant by clicking at “View Status”.
All the requirements for filing an RTI application and first appeal as well as other provisions regarding time limit, exemptions etc., as provided in the RTI Act, 2005 will continue to apply.