DEVELOPMENT OF OFFICE LAYOUT AND INFRASTRUCTURE FACILITES FOR BUSINESS ASSOCIATES.
AIM & SCOPE
The office of the business associate should be organized based on smooth and quick conducts of the business & administrative functions entrusted to the business associate.
ORGANIZATION DESIGN & STRUCTURE OF OFFICE OF BUSINESS ASSOCIATE
Broadly the Business Associate will have to attend & deal with
- Distributors, (day-to day-meetings)
- Dealers (periodical meetings)
- Marketing personnel posted in the field (periodical visits/meetings)
In addition to individual meetings, there may also be conferences of all distributors with BDMs, conference of all dealers pertaining to the one distributor, along with the distributor and connected BDM/SRs. etc. While dealers are under direct jurisdiction of distributors, at the level of the Business Associate, it may be necessary to organize monthly (or even fortnightly) conference to review performance & progress. There may also be exclusively meetings/conference of BDMs and S.Rs. The design and structure of the organization will have the following functional & administrative staff,
FUNCTIONAL: (FIELD LEVEL STAFF)
|2.||Business Development Manager||..1|
While the field level staff may be normally in the field, they may not be as a full-group attending the office of the Business Associates on day to day basis. The office manager may be normally present at the office to coordinate and operate the BDMs/SRs properly in the field. As a full team BDMs may attend conferences and individual they may be calling at the zonal officer, now and then. S.Rs normally will not attend the zonal office, except when called for meetings/conferences. The lay out and structure should provide for large number of floating visitors as above for group/individual discussions.
The office of the business associate will be provided with the following facilities.
- Telephone: initially a single line. A second line to be added, after appointment of 50% of the distributors and 25% of dealers to cope-up with incoming calls (i.e. one for the office and one direct line for the Business Associate).
- Internet: It will be provided and convenient access for messages from/to the company and messages from distributors/field staff.
- Personal computer with updated windows (with over 500 GB Hard Disk memory and 2 GB RAM). This will suffice for look after all their operational requirements, including dealer/distributor database, mailing and other needs.
- Photocopying: optional at the subsequent stage, based on turnover on photocopying & amount incurred in getting job executed from outside.
- Cabin/Room of the Business Associate: Sufficient to meet individuals/small groups up to 5 persons for discussion relating to the business. The main telephone may be in the office hall, with an extension in the room. The direct telephone for the business associate will also be in this room. An almirah for books may be placed in the room, where all like gas cylinder rules etc. can be kept.
- Space use management: Total area of the office should be 1000 sq. ft. Space use can be conserved by putting some area to multiple uses. A single broad hall can be divided through removable partitions into three parts, one to serve as Business Associate’s Cabin, one for use by marketing staff visiting the office, and the remaining one for use of conference hall. In case of meetings involving larger participation, the temporary partitions can be removed and the entire space used for the conference.
- Furniture for the Cabin of Business Associate.
- Table & Chair for the Business Associate of good design.
- Side extension for placing telephone & internet line.
- Three visitors chairs.
- One sofa set.
- Library shelf.
- One two drawer filing cabinet for keeping important records.
- One show case containing premier products.
- Wall Display Items in the cabin of the Business Associates.
- Map of the state or whole country.
- Map of the zone, with area locations of distributors/dealer both appointed & to be appointed.
- One or two appropriate slogans (with significance for distributors/dealer) “All PREMIER REPRESENTATIVES HONOUR COMMITMENT TO CONSUMER” “OUR ZONE’S POLICY-SERVICE TO CUSTOMERS WITH ZERO LEVEL COMPLAINTS”
- Office Hall: It may be with provision for seats for marketing manager, manager (administration), Office- assistant- cum- secretary, telephone operator- cum-receptionist, one accountant with provisions for one or two additional staff to meet future needs. A visitor’s lounge may be located in the front portion of the office hall, where the receptionist may be seated. Visitors lounge to have sofa sets/publicity & informative material may be displayed in the T.V. should be kept in this portion of the hall.
- Additional informative literature for the Business Associate: display the following information in visitors lounge or conference room.
- Map of the zone, with distributors areas marked in different colors.
- A table showing the zonal setup, indicate the name of each area and no. of distributors and no. of dealers to represent each area.
- A board conveying the guidelines for appointment of distributor & dealer.
- PREMIER support facilities to dealers/distributors like credit facilities for godown construction purchase of transport vehicles and working capital etc.
- Facilities to Consumer (listing our money-back guarantee scheme & consumer loan scheme.
- Office front view
- Wall-painting & shutter painting – As per PL-21
- Sign Board – Standard Sign Board as per our specifications.
- Conference Hall should be sufficient to conduct a meeting of maximum 20 persons. (Two Distributors, 10 Dealers, one BDM, 5 SRs, Marketing Manager and Business Associate with one Office Assistant). A carpet for the hall is optional. Instead of big block furniture, it may advisable to go in the for individual and chairs with flat writing area on one side of the arm. Tables are not needed for individual participants, but chairs will have provision for placing a note book and taking notes on the writing area. Slogans may be depicted on the wall regarding achieving of business targets, which is appropriate both for Dealer/Distributors and also Marketing Staff. This hall can be used for training purpose to distributor/dealer /retailer and marketing/ admin staff.
Stores Room: For keeping publicity material and old records. With storage racks fitted and one store cupboard with locking arrangement.